The Hughey Family

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

MIA

I have been missing in action for a long time!! Life has been so busy and so much has happened since the last time I blogged. I put in my two week notice at my job, and stayed home for a month with my sweet little girl while interviewing for several teaching positions. I was hired on at a middle school about 30 minutes from my house two days before school started. I decided after the second day of school that this just wasn't the right place for me at this time in my life. I was still nursing Anna and getting up in the mornings before she woke up and then having to do lesson plans all night, once I finally got home around 5:30 and realized I was in way over my head. I felt horrible but I knew I didn't want to get half way through the school year and then leave these kids. I felt that they needed a teacher that could devote all of their time to them. Before a baby I would have jumped in and taken on the challenge but I didn't want to lose my time with her for teaching. So my awesome boss Kelly and her boss Kim and a few other people made it happen and got me back on at my old job. And let me tell you leaving and then coming back has made me really appreciate how good we have it at my work. I have jumped in and started learning some new stuff and doing anything I can to show how grateful I am that they have let me come back.
Now on to the more important person....Miss Anna...my gosh she has gotten so big since the last time I blogged. She is almost 9 months old!!!! She has 3 bottom teeth and I think we are working on some stop teeth. She just started crawling yesterday and it is the cutest thing ever! Although we have to keep a good eye on her now because our house is not completely baby proof yet, but I am sure it will be in the next few days. I will leave you with some pictures of my little cutie!!!

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas 2010

Playing with my beautiful aunt Steph's jewelery.

Anna's first snow and we got over 6 inches!

No comments: